- The department was first established as the Special Mobile Unit, Negeri Sembilan in 1979 and located at the Office of the Director of the Negeri Sembilan Land and Mines.
- The department began its operation as a federal department at the state level in February 2000. It is known as the the Department of Lands and Mines (JKPTG) of Negeri Sembilan and headed by a Grade M2 Director M2.
- The scope and functions of NS JKPTG include land acquisition activities for the Federal Government and Federal Statutory Bodies, federal land management, including the enforcement of regulations and the management of small estates.
1. Land Acquisition Unit
To process, coordinate and ensure that land acquisition is implemented in accordance with the APT 1960, the Land Acquisition Rules 1998 and the laws and regulations related to land administration
2. Federal Land Unit
To ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of land management which encompasses a complete and updated record keeping, monitoring the progress of Federal land management, leasing and acquisition, enforcement of laws and regulations , and revenue collection.
3. The Administrative and Finance Unit
To provide supports in administration, finance and services, and to coordinate works between the Head Office and the Small Units in the State.
4. The Estate Distribution Unit
To manage the settlement of small estates.
5. The Information System Unit
The Information System Unit is mainly responsible for the implementation of the computerisation projects in JKPTG.NS by ensuring that all requirements and information technology facilities such as hardware,
1. To enhance the land management and legal systems in order to be efficient and to reach quality standards nationwide in line with the National Development Policy.
2. To improve the efficiency of Federal land management, settlement of estate distribution, land acquisition and the enforcement of legislations.n
The Objectives of the Land Acquisition Unit
To manage the applications for land acquisition in an efficient and orderly manner to ensure that:
1. Federal land projects can be implemented according to schedule.
2. the rights of all interested parties are guaranteed legally.
We, as the staff of CGU of the Department of Lands and Mines are committed:
- to process the applications for land acquisitions (up to the issuance of the H Form) within six (6) months from the date of receipt of the complete application form from the applicant agency.
- to take possession of lands formally through the issuance of the K Form not later than 14 days from the date of issuance of the H Form or the I Form (as the case may be), and to forward copies of the forms to the Registrar of Titles for endorsements within a period not longer than seven (7) days from the date of issuance the K Form.
- To pay compensations to interested parties / Trustee within eight (8) days from the date of receipt of the cheque / fulll payment from the applicant agency, or to deposit it in Court within two (2) weeks from the date of confirmation that the payment for compensation cannot be made to the party concerned because no party can accept it or the party refuse to accept it or due to disputes.
- To refer cases of disputes to the court within two (2) months from the date of receipt of the completed N Form.
- To submit a requisition for survey (PU) for partial land acquisitions (Final Title) to the Survey Department (JUPEM) within two (2) weeks from the endorsement date of the K Form and the date of receipt of the Free Certificate of Survey (whichever is later).