The Terengganu JKPTG was formerly known as the Special Mobile Unit (UKB). It was established as an important Division of the the Federal Lands Department which was directly controlled and monitored by the Director General of the Federal Lands and Mines Department.
Three units were established in April 1979, and all the three units were initially placed in the Kuala Terengganu Land Office until a unit is transferred to the Besut District owing to a request from the Ministry of Agriculture to place one of the land acquisition units in KETARA. The other two units were later shifted to Wisma MAIDAM in July 1992. After the establishment of the State JKPTG in November 2003, the two units once again were relocated to the Kuala Terengganu Business Centre building and remain there until today.
As a leading organization in the management of land administration, the functions of Terengganu JKPTG include :
- Modernization of land administration
- Capacity building in land administration workforce
- Land administration consultancy
- Small estate management
- Enforcement of federal land and revenue
- To strengthen human capital through a culture of continuous learning.
- To be the catalyst and to lead innovations and reforms in land management.
- To establish smart partnerships between agencies.
We, as the staff of Terengganu JKPTG adhere to the following:
- To register land acquisition applications within two (2) working days from the date of receipt.
- To prepare and issue a Notice of Inquiry (E Form ) within seven (7) days from the date of receipt of the confirmation letter that the land has been marked out, and to serve the E Form Notice to the interested person within seven (7) days of the Public Notice posted (15 notices a day / 1 Notice Server).
- To hold an inquiry in relation to land acquisition within 30 days from the date of Public Notice ( E Form ).
- To provide a written compensation award (G Form) in the presence of the interested person within seven ( 7) days from the date of the court proceedings.
- To prepare and send a Notice of Award and a Special Compensation ( H Form) within three (3) days after the date the G Form G is prepared.
- To acquire the land title officially through the issuance of the K Form not later than 14 days from the date of issuance of the H Form or the I Form (as the case maybe) and to submit copies to the Registrar of Titles for endorsement within not later than seven ( 7) days from the date of issuance of the K Form.
- To make payment of compensation to interested parties/Stakeholders / Public Trustee within eight (8) days from the date of receipt of the cheque / payment (full) from the applicant agency or to deposit it in Court within two(2) weeks from the date of confirmation that the payment of compensation can not be made to the party concerned because no party is eligible to accept it or the party concerned refuse to accept it or due to disputes.
- To refer cases of objections to the Court within two (2) months from the date of receipt of completed Form N.
- To submit a Requisition for Survey (PU) for partial land acquisition (Final Title) to the Survey Department (JUPEM) within two (2) weeks from the date of endorsement of the K Form or from the date of receipt of the Free Certificate of Survey, whichever is latest.