- To be responsible for the application and enforcement of the National Land Code, including the proposed amendments, particularly in matters related Division V dan Division VI.
- To be responsible for the amendments of the Malay Reservation Enactment, the Continental Shelf Act, etc.
- To prepare and coordinate the feedbacks of Cabinet meetings, National Land Council Meetings, and the Malaysian Director of Lands Meetings.
- To act as the Secretariat of technical meetings on any amendments to the National Land Code, the Malay Reserve Enactment and the Continental Shelf Act.
- To coordinate, review, update and prepare the KPTG circulars relating to the uniformity of land administration procedures.
- To provide expert advice on land administration procedures to be adhered by the State Land Administrators.
- To conduct research on issues and matters related to legislation and land administration.
- To prepare and coordinate answers to the questions arising upon parliamentary debates.
Objective, Mission & Vision
- To establish a modern land administration system by introducing reforms in legislation and land administration at federal and state levels.
- To assist in establishing a modern, efficient and effective land administration system at state and district levels.
- To review land related laws and regulations for the purpose of research on land policy development, periodically.
- To conduct research on current issues in land administration, and suggest recommendations to resolve it (amend, draft, and redraft the laws).
- To facilitate the quality improvement of the administration and professionalism of the land office.
To provide excellent, fast and accurate service at all times.