The Federal Land Property Section (FLPS) formerly known as The Federal Land Division under the Director General of Federal Lands and Mines (Federal) was established in 1957. FLPS is the core unit within the department which executes the role of the Federal Land Commissioner's function in accordance to the Federal Land Commissioner's Act 1957 ( Act 349 - revised 1988).
To upkeep, maintain and update records of alienated and reserved Federal Land;
- the applications of alienation / reservation of land for Federal projects on behalf of Federal Ministries / Departments;
- the payment of annual quit rent for the Federal Land;
- the acquisition of land and building in accordance with the existing guidelines;
- the lease of Federal land;
- the vesting of land to the Federal Land Commissioner;
- lease agreement for sub-lease of land/building for Federal Departments in Sabah and Sarawak;
- To handle dealings for The Federal Government privatisation projects;
- To Act as Chargee to complete the instruments of housing loan for Federal goverment officers in Sabah and Sarawak, for Low Income Scheme in Penisular Malaysia, and Cooperative's loan;
- To offer consultancy services to Ministries / Federal Departments in matters relating to Federal Land.
Objective, Mission & Vision
- To enhance management and maintain the Federal Land Property in order to maximise the contribution of the national development.
- To establish a highly effective administration of the Federal Land with quality standard in line with the national development.